Architected for an Optimal Supply Chain
- Built to support shippers, 3PLs, and carriers
- Supports 3PL and carrier multi-customer/multi-model approach
- Supports shipper transportation control center for centralized control and distributed execution
- Designed to reuse configurations, contracts, rates, locations, etc.
- Allows sharing of carriers, contracts, and locations with appropriate companies
- Enables the use of templates for appropriate customer types
- Makes copying existing similar companies/location a time-saving option
- Built to allow evaluation of potential customers/locations
- Reuses existing contracts and tweaking to model
- Allows evaluating profitability quickly, adjusting the model, and analyzing the results
- Constructed to enable parties to see data online
- Creates roles and permissions to limit users to appropriate information
- Provides a single view of all information across different organization
End-to-End Shipment Management
- Consistent process regardless of mode
- All modes considered – parcel, LTL, truckload, intermodal, rail, ocean, air, etc.
- Inbound or outbound shipments
- Shipment lifecycle fully supported
- Create shipment, build load, determine carrier rate optimization, route optimization, route guide, schedules, etc.) tender/book load, print documents, track load, receive and audit carrier invoice, invoice customer
- Determine proper carrier for the move
- Rate optimization
- Route optimization
- Develop and report meaningful metrics
System must support all modes.
Support for Various Rating Models
- Support for any type of rating
- Support for typical rates such as per mile, flat, per pallet, per container, per weight, etc.
- Rates can be based on multiple constraints
- Per weight, per distance – i,.e., Per hundred-weight (weight breaks) for shipments from 0 to 100 miles
- Per pallet per distance – i.e., 150 per pallet from 1 to 3 pallets that are moved less than 150 miles.
- Supports for item based rating as well
- By SKU
- By SKU and Quantity
- Can min/cap across multiple ratable items
- Deficit rating, dimensional rating (multiple dim factors per contract)
- 3rd party rating such as SMC3, web-service rating, etc.
- Support for intermodal and multi-modal by schedule
- Support for route guide
- Carrier sourcing for equipment and capacity
Rating must support the business.
Share Information Among All Parties
- Share information online with personalization
- Personalize terminology and screens
- Send information electronically
- EDI, XML, web service, Excel, etc.
- Customers may receive information from the 3PL acting as a carrier (status message, tender, invoice, etc.)
- Send information via email
- Status message request
- Any document
All parties need to get data in a way way that makes sense for them.