Few advancements have the potential to increase productivity and profitability for 3PLs and freight brokers like automating repeatable, error-prone back-office processes. Automating back-office processes allows your team to focus on securing more customers, while proactively managing strategic issues rather than trying to manage post-fulfillment processes, hope the invoicing matches, and ensure all contracts are fulfilled. In fact, consider these top five ways automating back-office processes can generate excellent gains for your company.
1. Automation Streamlines Freight Settlement and Payment Processing
After delivery, automating back-office processes holds an additional opportunity to increase productivity through automation in freight settlement. Automated freight settlement processes that rely on real-time auditing analytics validate invoice data, authorize payment for invoices upon verification of proof of delivery, initiate ACH transfers, and generate receipts to applicable companies. This reduces the time delay in receiving or making payments within the supply chain—building stronger, more reliable, and more profitable 3PL-broker-carrier-shipper alliances.
2. Intuitive, Automated Auditing Catches Errors Prior to Payment
3. Automating Back-Office Processes Reduces Check Call Labor Costs
4. Self-Optimizing Routing and Automation in Rating Processes Secure More Bookings and Speed Quoting
5. Centralized Communications Enable Flexibility and Collaboration
Deploy Automation in Your Organization by Partnering With MercuryGate
Now is the time to reap the rewards of automating back-office processes for 3PLs and brokers. Learn more about how HubTran, together with the MercuryGate transportation management platform can help revolutionize your back-office processes.