Freight Management Professionals Still Juggle Too Many Systems
Significant challenges reside within disparate supply chain processes. An inability to work across multiple systems and trouble tracking numerous login credentials will inevitably lead to extra work and lost efficiency. There are many moving parts of the supply chain tech stack, such as the WMS, ERP systems, WES, WCS, LMS, and more. Regardless of their primary purposes in execution, they share a common goal—enabling better proactive supply chain management. And for that reason, partnering with a digital freight matching provider can help improve overall performance.
Digital Freight Matching and TMS Combine to Form Automation
Understanding the value of integrated systems is essential for freight managers. Never has this been truer than in today’s competitive market. Implementing digital freight matching via a unified system platform is a primary goal for freight managers. Such need and demand are why the Newtrul and MercuryGate collaboration exists. Newtrul leverages technology powered by the people, experience, and global presence of MercuryGate. Embracing automation and a streamlined process further improves freight management. According to Logistics Management: “As the true workhorses of the supply chain management software cluster, transportation management systems have become the ‘must-have’ for companies that need to move beyond clipboards, spreadsheets, and phone calls to manage their increasingly sophisticated transportation networks.” Managing digital freight matching and similar processes within a cohesive system makes it easier to stay up to date with freight management logistics. Moreover, digital freight matching that leverages automation can comb through thousands of shipments, send automated updates, and keep freight spend under control.
Benefits Realized Through a Combined, Automated TMS
- Faster load execution and improved performance. Automated data analysis and other improved system setups are critical to freight management. It gets easier to react to problems and order requests with collaborative support.
- Reduced delays in tender acceptance. A good TMS setup can also speed up the process of order acceptance and processing. Response to delays and holdups can also be drastically improved throughout the chain.
- Improved access to more carriers. A benefit of digital freight matching that many overlook revolves around improved resource access. Through a TMS that leverages digital freight capabilities, managers can quickly and easily access carriers, drivers, and orders.
- Increased capacity to avoid disruptions. Automated TMS and strong collaborations can help maximize every load that is picked up. This occurs while also improving order handling and response to complications.
- Faster payments both in receiving and processing. The exchange of payment for goods and services is the goal of any business. For freight managers it is crucial, and digital freight matching helps streamline it all.
- Faster and easier responses with real-time data. There is a lot to consider when working with digital data and automated services. Access to real-time data makes decision making faster and easier across the board.