Freight order costs in the U.S. continue to steadily increase as carriers initiate more general rate increases across national and global supply chains.
Smart transportation solutions and intelligent decision-making practices will go a long way in boosting throughput for shippers.
With staggering numbers of containers lingering on ships awaiting berths at ports across the country, this increased pressure shows no signs of slowing or reversing anytime soon. According to a Bloomberg report in late 2021, “a proxy for U.S. trucking freight rates jumped in October by more than 36% from a year earlier, the biggest annual increase in data back to the early 1990s.”
Shippers seeking ways to schedule freight shipments and manage freight rates and expenses in 2022 need transportation management platforms and configurable transportation services.
The Challenges of Disparate Freight Order Management Systems
Freight transportation services with a system dedicated to platform management can alleviate problems related to:
- Difficulty with freight order tracking and monitoring.
- Miscommunications regarding all freight tracking services.
- Poor responses to delays and disruptions in shipments.
- Concerns over the details involved with trying to arrange shipments.
- Incompatible tools and platforms between various partners.
- Onboarding difficulties with transportation management platforms.
- Lackluster collaboration and teamwork opportunities.
- Missed opportunities without complete executability options.
- Ineffective shaping of logistics visibility and efficiency.
- Lower capacity, reduced profits, and poor customer service options.
Shippers Need End-to-End Visibility and Complete Configurability
A strong transportation management platform can go a long way. It increases the value of end-to-end visibility within freight management, freight order monitoring, and logistics processes.
Growth and success for local, national, and global supply chains is built on freight order platforms and configurable transportation processes. Shippers who maintain end-to-end visibility and a good degree of scalability with all freight tracking and freight management platforms will see the greatest success. Shippers can embrace these new trends and practices by arranging shipments more effectively with supply chain integration and configurability.
Additional Ways a Configurable Freight Order Platform Enables Proactive Freight Management
- Manage by exception with a straightforward setup aimed at helping to arrange shipment services into a streamlined process.
- Bring new carriers into the fold as needed to handle additional demand, rush deliveries, and specialty shipments and orders.
- Share digital documents in real-time to help improve freight order processes and speed up pickups and deliveries.
- Eliminate confusion over expected versus actual freight costs and track rates and trends with a greater degree of accuracy.
- Improve understanding of what’s happening, what will happen, and what needs to happen to track all freight tracking trends.
- Boost logistics collaboration and improve shipping services between multiple supply chains and networks.
- Automate processes to arrange shipments and build out orders.
- Access cloud-based capabilities that enable instant tendering, real-time tracking notifications, and on-demand communication with minimal manual effort.
- Save on resources both in the front-end supply chain system and within the back-office team setup.
Bolster Freight Management Throughput With All Freight Tracking and Execution
Contact the freight management and tracking professionals today. Request a MercuryGate demo today and see how easy it is to schedule your own freight with a reliable and configurable transportation platform.