Mobility and logistics apps’ visibility and flexibility continue to be critical factors in the supply chain network today.
Tender volumes and truck supply are fluctuating, while rates are holding at high levels. After a 2.8% week-over-week dip in early November and the traditional Thanksgiving-week drop in load demand and truck supply, volumes bounced back, especially on the spot market. Dry van tonnage reached record levels in early December, according to Transport Topics. And with an average of 96 container vessels waiting off the California coast and capacity demands driving spot rates to record levels, uncertainty is still the name of the game.
Fortunately, logistics apps and mobility capabilities are transforming transportation management. Maintaining logistics visibility from end-to-end using innovative technology and tools can improve efficiency for carriers, shippers, and brokers alike.
The Ever-Growing Role of Communication in Customer Experiences
Communication tools, on-demand chats, automated status reports and updates, and customer-guided real-time tracking can all improve end-to-end communications and keep everyone on the same page.
Mobility and Logistics Apps Capabilities Promote Visibility & Actionability
Mobility and visibility within the supply chain network make it easier for management to excel. Managers can better motivate team members and make informed decisions when issues arise.
With up-to-date data and real-time communications, drivers can stay on the move and avoid delays and disruptions. Also, management can quickly and easily make decisions based on accurate and applicable data. This is all possible with world-class trucking logistics technology.
7 Ways to Apply Mobility and Logistics Apps To Improve Your Supply Chain Collaboration
Advances in supply chain management have improved mobility and logistics apps and logistics visibility. It has also made it easier for collaboration to occur at any point along the supply chain.
Applying mobility and logistics apps technology and embracing innovation makes the entire collaboration process easier. In turn, this helps keep shippers and carriers poised to respond to any changes that occur within the market.
- Unify the data with an integrated TMS to help carriers, shippers, and brokers work together effectively. This capitalizes on capacity and helps shippers remain viable in the market today.
- Leverage connected load board networks to source capacity easier and secure the best rates. Better rates help keep profits high while also offering savings to customers.
- Improve sustainability in transportation by eliminating empty backhauls, dead miles, idle dwell time, and other issues. Together, these steps keep extra costs in check.
- Keep customers in the know with automated shipping status alerts and exception notifications. Informed customers want to know what is going on with their shipment at all times.
- Leverage drivers’ smartphones to streamline document sharing — for example, the POD and BOL. Easy document sharing speeds up routine yet mundane processes and protocols.
- Embrace the innovation of advanced technology, logistics apps, cloud-based platforms, and digital communication portals. That helps to maximize end-to-end transparency and lower costs too.
- Maximize profits with scalable and adaptable platforms and systems that can adjust to changing market trends. This is vital since shifts in customer needs and demands are inevitable.
Reap the Rewards of Mobile-Ready TMS Functions
Utilizing advances in mobility and logistics apps technology helps supply chain managers and team members to reach their goal of delivering the best shipping services to customers in an affordable, fast, and reliable manner.
Download a recent case study to see how improved mobile capabilities from MercuryGate helped a national pharmacy chain realize efficiency improvements.