Shippers must remain vigilant to monitor inbound freight loads and coordinate with manufacturers and suppliers. Establishing a supply chain supplier portal improves overall efficiency, increases profits, lowers fees, and supports continued growth and success.
Inbound transportation management with multimodal optimization is critical when dealing with volatile markets and uncertain economies. Logistics and daily operations become a flex point for shippers across many markets and industry niches. Minor issues within the network have a lasting impact on overall profits and loss comparisons.
Inbound Logistics points out that “as the supply chain becomes more refined and integrated, logistics management has an even greater impact on the bottom line. Every dollar allocated to transportation and materials management must be ultra-efficient.”
What Is a Supply Chain Supplier Portal?
The best inbound transportation management portal is flexible and powerful while also being adaptable and customizable for smart transportation solutions.
How a Supplier Portal Creates More Collaboration in Your Network
12 Benefits of a Supplier Portal for Inbound Freight Management
- Access to better capacity and shipping options for inbound freight transportation and logistics.
- Reduced confusion and miscommunications about freight shipment and appointment schedules.
- Ability to update shipping details and ETAs in real-time when delays or exceptions are detected.
- Complete visibility across the entire network and into all modes, including a final mile and drayage.
- Improved opportunities to network with other industry supply chain suppliers and manufacturers.
- Enhanced supply chain control tower and tech-focused innovations within the network.
- Clear documentation for deliveries and cloud-based document management platforms.
- Improved visibility end-to-end and enhanced communication opportunities with 3PL vendors.
- Ideal coordination for manufacturers and suppliers to enhance customer service opportunities.
- Lower rates and expenses associated with expedited services and shipping opportunities.
- On-demand insight into inbound transportation management practices and processes.
- Enhance overall mobility and logistics across the supply chain network from end to end.
Enhance Inbound Transportation Management With MercuryGate’s Supplier Portal
Shipping and transportation services constantly change and adapt to meet market demands with improved logistics collaboration. Transportation management becomes more streamlined when shippers closely monitor inbound freight while also coordinating with manufacturers and suppliers.
Inbound transportation management is more vital than ever for supply chain suppliers and managers during market instability. For more ways smart transportation visibility enhances your supply chain control, don’t miss our case study on Control Tower Visibility.