Two Primary Types of Freight Rate Indices
Dynamic Decision Support Indices for Brokering
More Static, Less Dynamic Indices
8 Most Important Features of a Freight Rate Index
4. Depth – Sample size
5. Rate Determination Method
6. Buy and Sell
7. Batch Analysis
8. Accuracy and Adaptability
Finding the Right Index
- Is it easy to use and easy to access?
- Does the index integrate with tools, like a transportation management system (TMS)?
- Will the index need to support brokering, procurement, or benchmarking?
- Can rate analysis within the index be automated?