Without insight, it sounds like a description of 2020. But that was actually a description of the disruptions of 2018, which had followed major troubles in 2017. Why’s that important? It indicates that market disruption is a continuation and not something new. And for that reason, it’s time for an enterprise-level resource in transportation management system technology to take the reins going forward into 2021.
The Causes of Market Disruption Are Growing More Severe and Prevalent
Transportation Management System Technology Provides a Beacon to Regain Footing
Tips for Using Transportation Technology to Thrive Through Disruption
- Connect the full supply chain with your transportation management system.
- Encourage other trading parties to either purchase the same system or take advantage of vertical-specific portals.
- Use automated data capture to collect information from IoT-enabled sensors and equipment.
- Let advanced analytics, including descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics, manage most needs.
- Consider implementing deep learning algorithms to refine system configurations and workflows continuously.
- Manage by exception, focusing on the high-priority, intervention-needed items.
- Work with an expert that understands and does it all, based on years of experience.