How Parcel Demand Will Shape Your 2019 Peak Season Strategy
Parcel demand is growing, and shippers must act now to secure available capacity and meet customer expectations. An effective parcel retail shipping strategy must have these key characteristics:
- Integrated with your TMS, WMS, and WES platforms.
- Accepted and used among your carriers.
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to gain insights and better predict demand.
- Metrics to track the performance and responsiveness of your supply chain.
- Ongoing improvements through applied analytics and a dedicated TMS that handles all your needs through automated processes.
These characteristics are not necessarily a complete list, but it’s a great place to start. Your systems vary widely, and as the number of loads and deliveries increase, shippers will need to manage workloads more efficiently than ever to avoid the costs of lulls and peaks year-round. Moreover, automated systems can add value by bringing technology into the customer service equation, building positive, productive relationships across all seasons. Technology and automation can free up your workers, enabling them to perform more strategic tasks and engage with customers. While technology and automation is great, it is often still the human factor and personalized service that wins the hearts and minds of the customer.