What is MercuryGate University
MercuryGate University is an opportunity for faculty and students alike to learn, build skills, and practice real-world transportation management system (TMS) scenarios. The program gives logistics students coming out of college first-hand operations knowledge of the systems they’ll be using as professionals.
The demand for logistics and supply chain professionals continues to increase. Millions of new transportation jobs are opening across the rapidly growing global supply chain industry. And, as the Baby Boomer generation moves into retirement, holes are left within the supply chain management fields. Businesses need to fill these holes. And, MercuryGate University helps to outfit graduating students with the knowledge desired to fill those business’s open positions with minimal training.
For the next generation, it means a bright future because of the right education, decision-making skills, and technical awareness to fill the growing talent shortage.
How MercuryGate University Works
Our network of more than 300 customers asked us to provide a service that would give tomorrow’s supply chain leaders a better understanding of transportation management technology. The effect has helped increase the student’s exposure to real-world situations and industry best practices.
Many institutions are just now adding transportation courses to their curriculum. So, the MercuryGate University team works alongside professors to develop and create the material to support their new classes.
The program is FREE and available to all accredited institutions of higher learning and their affiliates. And,the program is fully managed through the partnership with MercuryGate.
What Does MGU Provide
- Faculty and students receive full access to the application suite as a part of an approved learning institute.
- MercuryGate administers secure user logins, passwords, roles, and permissions.
- Internet access and firewall clearance are created in accordance with university policy.
- Feature functionality of supply chain management coursework is synchronized where possible for a better experience.
- Program participants receive updated documentation and system user guides.
- Enhanced interactive video training materials to help learn the functions of the TMS software.
- Secure application and data hosting from a SSAE-16 SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II compliant hosting facility.
MercuryGate provides our proprietary software to faculty and students, free of charge. Institutions are able to provide the TMS software to their students and faculty for supply chain projects. And, our experts will partner with the institution to provide training and help in configuring the software to support a syllabus.
Labs, videos, boot camps, and lectures will help students master the technical skills they need to be successful in their careers.