Many working components are needed to keep the modern supply chain operating smoothly and efficiently. This requires constant focus and attention on logistics collaboration between all parties, particularly carriers and customers, especially as rates increase across all modes.
According to FreightWaves, LTL contract rates climbed to $37.71 per 100 pounds as of September’s end. Still, it would seem rates are declining due to a 42-day lag in reporting, reaching $33.29 per 100 pounds in early November.
Read on to see the full impact collaborative logistics and TMS mobility can have on customer and carrier network relations.
What Are Carrier and Customer Portals?
With integrated platforms and tools, on-demand communication with carrier networks and customers becomes more manageable. From updating shipping status to tweaking delivery routes to accommodate disruptions, logistics collaboration becomes more straightforward with these digital cloud-based portals and platforms.
Similarly, for an LSP, a customer portal ensures shippers and end-users know what’s happening, when, and why.
How a Collaborative Platform Makes Reporting, Management, Invoicing, and Other Critical Tasks Easier
- Reporting throughout the supply chain becomes more simple and accessible, allowing faster and more accurate data collection and analysis.
- Data management becomes more straightforward with proper collaboration and communication between all necessary parties.
- Invoice and payment management, maximized ROI, and expense budgeting benefit from carrier portals and online platforms.
- TMS systems can be better utilized and accessed by carriers, shippers, brokers, and any third-party vendors involved in a particular order or shipment.
- A host of other critical yet repetitive tasks such as capacity procurement, RFP reviews, communications, and more are improved.
Cloud-Based Tech Yields Strong Carrier and Shipper Benefits, Better Logistics Collaboration
In the end, this means increased profits for them and increased savings for customers. Improving cloud-based omnimodal TMS platforms with collaborative tools and on-demand portal access allows for more robust and longer-lasting connections to be formed.
Create a More Effective Supply Chain with Optimal Logistics Collaboration
Cloud-based carrier portals and transportation management platforms are rapidly changing how carriers and shippers interact.