As the American Journal of Transportation underscores, today’s manufacturers grapple with a quintet of formidable challenges:
- Securing reliable suppliers.
- Ensuring supply chain visibility.
- Mastering inventory management.
- Navigating a maze of logistics hurdles.
- Developing robust contingency plans.
Overcoming these challenges is where MercuryGate TMS comes into play. Facil’s transition to MercuryGate’s TMS, driven by the need for efficient LTL shipping solutions, exemplifies how embracing advanced technology resolves current challenges and paves the way for future innovations in manufacturing logistics.
Backdrop: The LTL Shipping Challenge
The complexities in less-than-truckload shipping before MercuryGate were significant for Facil, a supplier of fasteners for the automotive and commercial vehicle manufacturing industries. Managing a diverse and often fragmented transportation network was a daunting task, with inefficiencies multiplying costs and hampering productivity. Specifically, Facil struggled with:
- Lack of Visibility: Facil lacked insight into inbound shipments and historic lane data, leading to higher operational costs and inefficiencies.
- Manual Tendering Process: Manual tendering for LTL and full truckload shipments was time-consuming and often required multiple communications per shipment. This approach was inefficient and costly.
- Static Routing Guide: Facil’s use of a static routing guide, which did not consider shipment cost for carrier selection, resulted in higher transportation expenses.
The MercuryGate Transformation
This manufacturing logistics technology offered more than just automation; it brought a comprehensive approach to handling LTL shipments, aligning transportation needs with business goals. API-based LTL rating software enabled Facil to access the most competitive rates, driving down costs and enhancing operational efficiency.
Impact Analysis: Cutting Costs, Saving Time
Beyond Savings: Multimodal Efficiency and Green Logistics
This transformation is critical in today’s manufacturing landscape, where sustainability is no longer a choice but a necessity. The ability to efficiently manage different modes of transportation not only streamlines manufacturing logistics but also minimizes the environmental footprint. With MercuryGate’s TMS, Facil exemplifies how manufacturers can leverage technology to achieve greener logistics operations.
Spotlight on Success: Key Outcomes for Manufacturing Logistics
Embrace A Model for the Future
Download the full Facil Case Study to explore the details of Facil’s logistical transformation with MercuryGate’s TMS.