Creating a positive customer experience is widely believed to be the best way for companies to secure more customers, move more freight, and deliver on higher expectations. In fact, according to Air Cargo News, 61% of supply chain leaders believe experience will become the next top differentiator, replacing cost, within the next five years. For that reason, all processes, from payment management through multimodal capabilities, need to reflect the future of freight—the digital customer experience.
Updated Way of Approaching Freight Management
The Future of Freight Management Creates Opportunities to Recapture Revenue
Today’s shifting market and changing focus to customer-centric communication and services has presented many opportunities for those in the trucking industry. Digital freight management allows managers to make critical changes in how we move and transport goods. As demand for more shipments flood the roads, airports, and seaports, bottlenecks begin to occur more frequently, often with costly delays and consequences for the company and the customer alike. As explained by Deloitte:
5 Tips to Add Brand Value Thru Outsourcing Freight Management
- Use Crowd Sharing That Improves Shipping Process. A new trend growing in some trucking markets is the idea of crowdsourcing trucks to group deliveries into a more streamlined process. This means one fully loaded truck can make the drive rather than sending four half-empty trucks to the same place, creating a freight experience that’s based on the Gig Economy and leveraging all available resources.
- Apply Sustainable Shipping to Attract Customers. One of the dominating trends seen among customers today is the idea that many of them prefer to work with a company that aligns with their own goals and morals. Outsourcing some work can help fleets align with their customer’s core values.
- Outsource to Let Workers Do Their Jobs. Not everyone is skilled at every job, which means that you may not have someone on hand to take care of every need as it arises. It may make more sense financially to outsource certain operations to free up your team to focus on their strengths.
- Leverage How Digital Data Management Streamlines Operations. Going digital in and of itself makes things more streamlined and speeds things up greatly. Rather than searching through paper records or using human brainpower to do calculations, digital management makes everything faster and more accurate to meet the changing tides of the future of freight.
- Improve Customer Support and Communication With Real-Time Data. Outsourcing and digitizing some of the most basic processes in the trucking industry can help to improve customer relations and experiences. Responding to feedback and issues quickly and professionally is easier with a streamlined approach.