Challenges in Maintaining a Competitive Advantage in Today’s World
Automated TMS Functions Create a Competitive Advantage
How to Expand Your Advantage Through Ongoing Process Improvement
- Upgrade your TMS. Your TMS must access and provide information in real-time.
- Connect your assets and systems. Connected assets, such as devices connected to the Internet of Things or integrating disparate supply chain systems to the TMS, enhances the validity and speed of your supply chain.
- Use analytics. Analytics help shippers identify inefficiencies and predict performance.
- Get all supply chain partners to use the same system. Getting everyone on the same page eliminates uncertainty and improves collaboration throughout your network.
- Eliminate errors with robust training. Providing proper training to your staff reduces the risk of human errors and reduces pushback from employees against change.
- Hold users accountable. While many improvements exist, the most significant factor derives from holding all users, including supply chain partners, responsible for their actions or lack thereof.
- Measure performance. Lastly, use data from new, automated TMS functions to measure performance, while also tracking operations with dashboards and business intelligence tools.